How to Catch a Pony
Your browser does not have a recent enough version of Adobe Flash installed to access this content.
Please visit the Adobe website here to download and install the Adobe Flash player, for free.
Adobe Flash is used to display interactive material, the stables and the competitions on PonyPrep. Without this plugin, you will not be able to access these areas of the website.
Please note that Adobe Flash cannot be installed on Apple iDevices, such as the iPhone or iPad.
- Approach your pony at the shoulder
- Put the rope over your pony's neck
- Slip the headcollar on over your pony's nose - You can watch our How to Put on a Headcollar video to learn how to do this
- Make sure that the buckle on the head collar is done up correctly
- If there are other ponies in the field, make sure you lead yours out quietly and slowly so you don't disturb the others
- Walk towards the gate
- Open the gate quietly but wide enough to make sure your pony doesn't feel trapped
- Make sure the gate is closed properly when you and your pony are through