Applying a Tail Bandage
Your browser does not have a recent enough version of Adobe Flash installed to access this content.
Please visit the Adobe website here to download and install the Adobe Flash player, for free.
Adobe Flash is used to display interactive material, the stables and the competitions on PonyPrep. Without this plugin, you will not be able to access these areas of the website.
Please note that Adobe Flash cannot be installed on Apple iDevices, such as the iPhone or iPad.
- First, lightly dampen the tail hair with a water brush. Wetting the bandage is wrong as it may shrink the material injure the tail by cutting off the circulation.
- Put your right hand at the top of the tail. Unroll 20cm (8ins) of bandage and place this spare piece above the top of the tail.
- Hold the end of the bandage in your left hand and the bandage roll in your right.
- Keep your left hand at the top of the tail until the bandage is secured. (The first turn is often difficult to keep place, but you can overcome this by making the turn above the first.). Then wind in the spare end bandage.
- Unroll the bandage evenly around and downwards keeping the roll on the outside, stopping just above or
below the last tail-bone and returning half way up.
- Tie the tapes neatly - no tighter than the tension of the bandage.
- Tuck in the spare ends, then bend the tail back into a comfortable position.