What is The Pony Club?
The Pony Club is an international voluntary youth organisation for young people interested in ponies and riding. Founded in England in 1929, and granted independent charitable status on 1st January 1997, there are around 350 Branches and 550 Centres in the UK alone. The Pony Club has been the starting point for a large majority of equestrian team members and medal winners.
The Pony Club is represented in 18 countries with a worldwide membership exceeding 110,477, making it the largest association of young riders in the world.
The objectives of The Pony Club
- to encourage young people to ride and to learn to enjoy all kinds of sport connected with horses and riding
- to give instruction in riding and horsemastership and to educate Members to look after and to take proper care of their animal
- to promote the highest ideals of sportsmanship, citizenship and loyalty to create strength of character and self-discipline
Who can join The Pony Club?
You do not have to own a horse or pony to join The Pony Club!
- If you own a horse or pony , you can join a Pony Club Branch
- If you don't own a horse or pony, you can join a Pony Club Centre
Membership is available until the end of The Pony Club Year or the Centre Membership Subscription Year, whichever is relevant, in which Members become 21 years old. Associate Membership is available for those aged over 21 until the end of the Pony Club Year, or the Centre Membership Subscription Year, whichever is relevant, in which they become 25 years old. Associate Members must previously have been either Branch or Centre Members.
The annual subscription rate includes Personal Liability Insurance (Third Party).
What can I do?
Being a Member of The Pony Club means you can train for and be awarded
Pony Club Efficiency Tests and Achievement Badges. There is also the
opportunity to take part in rallies, try out and compete in nine
different disciplines, including: Dressage, Show Jumping, Eventing,
Polo, Polocrosse, Tetrathlon, Mounted Games, Pony Racing and Endurance!